Primary Program – ages 3-6
Primary Program Hours
9:00 a.m. – Noon (3 year olds only)
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
7:30 a.m. – 5:45 p.m.
In the formative years, the foundation of each child’s future is shaped. During the ages 3 to 6, we provide opportunities and experiences to develop self confidence and independent thinking skills. A love for learning, a respect for themselves, each other and the the earth are nurtured. Each child will express their voice in the world of visual and creative arts.
Each school day is thoughtfully and carefully arranged by our highly trained teachers. The freedom for each child to explore and discover helps foster a sense of wonder and curiosity. In an atmosphere of caring and sharing, each student is welcome to work independently or choose companions.
Our enriching activities develop a student’s abilities in the following areas:
- CCIO (confidence, concentration, independence and order)
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Hand-eye coordination
- Scientific observation
Schedule At a Glance
- 7:30 – 8:45 a.m. Dragonfly Club Arrival — Open for Regular Extended Day
- 8:45 – 9:00 a.m. Arrival of Primary School
- 9:05 – 9:25 a.m. Circle Time
- 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. Work Time**
- 11:00 – 11:45 a.m. Playground
- 11:45 am – 12 p.m. Dismissal of morning preschoolers
- 12 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch/Playground
- 1:00 – 2:40 p.m. Work Time/Nap Time/Rest Time**
- 2:45 – 3:00 p.m. Dismissal
- 3:00 p.m. Start of Dragonfly Club
- Up to 5:45 p.m.
**Specialists in foreign language, art, creative movement, gardening and music are also integrated into the school day to assist students’ creative growth and development.