Hello Brooksfield family. I greatly appreciate this opportunity to be an occasional blogger for your school community.
I have been working in the organizing field, providing both residential and business organizing services, for over 8 years. My motivation and passion is to assist clients, through the organizing process, to find clarity and time in their home and work lives. Prior to starting my company, Simplify for Life, I worked in the association management field for 15 years.
Do you know that the National Association of Professional Organizers designates January as "Get Organized Month"? I think they do so because many people have getting organized as one of their top resolutions. Many of us, myself included, have an innate desire to start the year off right, in control, organized, so that we are prepared and ready to manage our workload and personal lives instead of being in reactive mode.
I don’t know about you, but I’m still getting organized, so don’t feel bad if you haven’t gotten organized yet, because I tell my clients getting organized is an on-going process. Here are a few ideas for you to mange clutter in your active rooms….
- Identify a storage place for everything (make sure everyone in the home is involved)
- Put like things together
- Utilize multi-functional pieces such as storage ottomans/cubes that can be seating, storage or two can be placed together to make a coffee table
- Put frequently used items at eye level and in prime space
- Group small like items and if necessary put into containers and label
- Remember the 80/20 rule – we wear 20% of our clothes 80% of the time; kids play with 20% of their toys 80% of the time and 80% of what we file we will never need.
I look forward to sharing organizing ideas and thoughts with you and please feel free to let me know what you’d like me to write about.